Friday, March 31, 2006

Hooray!

I have now entered the realm of serious knitters. The blogsphere. I do so because I'm tired of talking to my boyfriend about knitting. He doesn't quite share my excitement when a coveted ball of string goes on sale. (Though he did buy me nice bamboo circs for my birthday)

So, let me share the things I am excited about:

Hand warmers!



I dyed the yarn with Kool Aid.



They aren't quite as long as they should be, but I love them anyway. And this is the first thing, other than a scarf, that I have made w/out a pattern.

1st Anthro caplet from craftster!




No, my camera is not so crappy that you can't see the stitches. Or the cute raglan increases. Knitted with gross red hart bulky on 15's, this thing is bullet proof. This is what inspired me to buy good yarn. Please excuse the frizzy hair. I had been swimming.

I did go to my LYS and the lady there helped me pick out some green berroco worsted weight stuff. It's a pretty color, it drapes nicely, and I hate it. It splits soooo easily. And the circs I'm using keep breaking. So stitches have been dropped, markers knitted in, blood pressure skyrocketed. I want to buy some knitpicks Sierra everyone has raved about in the knitalong.

Yarn is like crack.

2 Comments:

At 10:10 AM, Blogger Patwoman said...

Oh yes, just like crack. I sometimes get the twitches just thinking about a yarn sale.

Your Anthro is cute, btw. You're not giving yourself enough credit! And I love the colors of your handwarmers. I have not tried Kool-Aid dyeing yet, but I'm (oops) dying to.

 
At 7:48 PM, Blogger TheSteph said...

I love it. Like Crack says it all! It is true. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home