Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Ah, the New Year

New Year's resolution #1 - Stop lying to people who read this blog


I do have my reasons for not posting all of my knitted goodies, such as short, rainy days not conducive to picture taking and being hijacked to run many lengthy errands with my family today.
And really, how many care about what I got for Christmas? Show of hands? None? Good.

I do like resolutions. I make them all the time, and then promptly forget them. Last year, I wanted to start swimming competitively again. I started practicing on my own, twice a week, but then, well, all kinds of things happened.

2006 was a year of major changes. I worked on a movie, got laid off, got engaged, moved back in with my parents, spent seven weeks in Denver, had a grandmother pass away, and have been without a job for the longest period of time since I started working at age 16.

If I had control over such matters, I'd make 2007 as uneventful as possible, aside from the wedding. But that's not really how it works.

So, I'll do what I can to make good things happen over the next 360 odd days...Here is my list, in no particular order of importance.

1. Work out at least twice a week (so typical, eh?)
2. Seek out new music
3. Read more
4. Knit a sweater that fits
5. Sell something I made
6. Don't let planning a wedding ruin my marrige

Pretty boring, standard resolutions which I will probably forget, amend, or replace as the days of 2007 go on. Well, all but the knitting ones. ;)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home