Thursday, December 28, 2006

Fall Socks For Christmas

Hi ya'll. I hope everyone had enjoyable (or is still enjoying!) holiday. I have a lot to post about - completed projects, half-started projects, knitting gifts...but one at a time. it's late, as usual, and I have an interview to rest up for.



Texas Fall Socks
Basic sock pattern from Knitting without Tears, conventional heel.
Hand dyed worsted weight superwash yarn from Knit Picks
Size 8 Bamboo dpns

These socks were made by request for my youngest sister. Just pretty basic 2x2 rib. I did have to rip out one toe because it seemed smaller than the other, but then once I ripped it out, it seemed like I should have just left it. Oh well. They turned out snuggly and she seemed to like them. I really like the superwash merino from knit picks. I didn't wash a test swatch, so I'm not sure how well it will hold up, but it felt good to work with.

Also, the only other knitted gift I gave this year, the Funky Chunky Scarf seemed to be a big hit with my future niece. She immediately put it on, wore it most of the day, and oohed and ahhed over the sparkles. She even asked me to teach her to knit! I have to say, I'm really relieved she liked it.

Tomorrow...gifts received!


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home