Wednesday, January 30, 2008

I'm So Excited, and I Just Can't Hide It!

Two posts in one day. I'm a maniac. But! I finally finished Tubey! For real this time. There were two sleeve redos. One because the first time, they were ginormus and two, when I fixed them they were about four inches too short.


* I will edit with better pictures once they are taken*


Pattern: Tubey
Size: made up by doing a lot of measuring. XS maybe?
Yarn: Lion Brand Cashmere Blend in navy and Charcoals
Needles: Size 8 bamboo Circs and DPNs
Ravelry
Satisfaction: High
Modifications: waist shaping, sleeves

The only reason this took me so long is that I put it down to do other projects. The yarn is nice, but probably could use a good shave with one of those sweater thingies because I've manhandled it. The subtle raglan effect worked out nicely and I'm pleased with the new sleeves. Inspired by Kate at Zeitgeist, I did some deep ribbing. I think the neck line is flattering. We've had some 70 degree days so I don't know how much I'll get to wear this, but it's 57 right now, so hah Texas weather.

My only real complaint is that it pulls a little under the arms. I'm guessing it's a problem that's combination of construction, too tight seaming, and slightly small top section.

This was a great first sweater. I'm proud of my modifications, even if the waist shaping is a little wonky. I think only I will notice though. This is really the first time I've tried major mods and they have worked. I'm now a level 3 knitter!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 1:24 AM, Blogger the Lady said...

Tubey looks good from here. Nice!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home