Monday, April 24, 2006

and....done!


Mom's birthday tote day is finally done! And just 3 days behind schedule.

To attach the handles, I knitted a long, 10 st. wide strip, felted it, cut it into 4 parts, and sewed it on to the bag. if i ever make this again i'll add those flaps as i knit. i want one for myslef now, but i have other projects calling me and too many bags anyway. Maybe when I'm unempolyed next month I'll make one for myself.

I used Wool of the Andes in Rain, Chambray, Cloud and Spruce. It took 2 skiens of each, double standed for the color effect, on size 11 straight needles.

Why I'm proud of it:
This is the larget knitting project I've ever done.
I made up the pattern.
I finished it only 3 days late, which is amazing since I had to stop and wait on more yarn, and the reasons above.

What I can do better next time:
Knit in garter stitch...I didn't realize stitch pattern didn't matter once it's felted.
More throughly plan out how to attach the handles...one long flap was supposed to fold over the center part of the handles. It was too short and wide for that.

I'm as pleased as punch, whatever that means.

1 Comments:

At 3:33 PM, Blogger Casey said...

It's so beautiful! I love bags with handles like that. Your mom is lucky and I'm sure she'll love it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home