Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Funky Chunky Scarf



"Faggoting Rib" lace stitch from the 1971 Better Homes and Gardens Complete Book of Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery
Size 15 needles
Berroco Gem, Paton's classic Merino in Think Pink!, and Simply Soft Bright Orange


This was fun to knit and really quick, since I was holding three strands together. This is the first thing I've completed successfully using a lacey stitch pattern and the first time I've put fringe on anything. Good times, indeed.



This is a Christmas gift for S's niece who is a 7 year old girly girl. I think she'll like all of the pink and sparkles. I am already the crazy aunt who gives random handmade items no kid really wants. I made her a stuffed monster last year and gave her a copy of "Where the Wild Things Are". This year, I should probably redeem myself and buy her some Bratz dolls...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home