Thursday, January 04, 2007

Here Comes the Sun...

I got a job yesterday!!! *runs a victory lap around the world*


I am very excited about my new position, which starts on Monday. The only thing I'm really worried about is dressing up to go to work. Previously, the only standards I've had to meet were to actually cover my body with clothes. Now, even though it's a small office, I need to wear Nice Clothes. Things that all seem to need Dry Cleaning. But, fancy or not, I'm thrilled to be working again. No more long days of cottage cheese and day time TV.

I attribute part of my success to one of my Christmas presents from S, a pair of brown Banana Republic pants that fit just so. I feel I could run a country in those pants and I'm pretty sure many revolutions have been started by people in pants that fit them so well they decided they could change the world.

My other gifts from S were an iPod mini (a mini because I am a Luddite and requested one over a nano) and a sock he knitted for it, on size 3 needles. He continues to impress me with his knitting prowess. Since learning to knit in October, he has made a hat, 2 scarves and my iPod holder. I think it took me about six months to get through my first garter stitch scarf on size 11 needles.

Among other things, I gave him a custom made knitting bag from malisonian. He can be really detail-oriented (picky) about things, so I was very relieved when he liked it. Alison, the girl who made it, did a great job and was very fast. I'm thinking of having her make makeup bags as part of my bridesmaid gifts.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home