Monday, July 23, 2007

It's Not Stalking if it Was Coincidence

So, I was at TJ Maxx today, looking to spend my first waitress paycheck on some new shirts, when I spotted a girl across the rack wearing a Calorimetry knitted out of Noro. I thought, wow a knitter in the wild! But, possibly, it could have been a gift and also, I was afraid to look like a huge nerd and say, "excuse me, I see you're wearing a very popular pattern from Knitty, knitted with a very popular yarn. I just moved here, and I'm a knitter too."

Has anyone else seen a stranger wearing an obviously handknitted item? (Faux fur scarves don't count) Did you say anything? Has anyone ever asked you about something you were wearing that that you knitted?

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 2:51 AM, Blogger spirals said...

i do this everywhere. i always ask people if they made it and usually they just say no a friend did.. but they usually take it as a compliment... i ask about bags too... being a server i definately see lots of peoples purses and winter accessories and such. im not hesitant to ask... i love finding fellow crafters. and i to love being asked about my stuff ;)

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger elizabeth marley said...

Once, way back when I was hostessing, I saw a girl wearing what I thought was an obviously handknit sweater. When I seated her at her table, I started asking he about it, the stitch patterns and the yarn and she just looked at me like I was nuts.

It turns out that she bought it at a store somewhere, but that didn't stop my excitement. I made her take it off so I could inspect the construction and various stitch patterns.

My boss didn't like that too much.

 
At 12:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

CREEP!!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home