Friday, September 28, 2007

The Magazines Made Me Do It

*Blogs: the only thing that would ever inspire someone to show photos of their bathroom*

There's a good couple of hours in the afternoon where work is slow, so I treated myself to this month's domino and Lucky. I am embarrassed to admit that I am very easily influenced by magazines. If you call it "inspiration", it's a good thing. It's quite another when you lose sight of the fact that every picture in the magazine is styled, lit, and photoshopped and that the cool/glamorous people they highlight are probably not so cool and glamorous if you got to know them.

Anyway, as I have mentioned before, I kind of hate our apartment. And every page of domino is filled with gorgeous homes, reminding me that although we've done the best we could with what we've got, it's still not enough. And the tiny, cluttered bathroom counter is driving me crazy.
*cubes: what every wedding registry needs*

Enter the black cubes. We got them as a present and they used to be in the entryway of our awesome old duplex. Now, after months of being in storage, I was "inspired" to hang them over the toilet to hold some of the hygienic clutter. I'm hoping this comes off in a classy, modern "elevating normal objects to art" way. If not, at least they are being elevated.

Also - another reason I am showing pictures of my bathroom instead of my knitting is because I have screwed up my right arm. I have a strained rotator cuff and, guess what, carpal tunnel in my right wrist. Woohoo!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 7:40 PM, Blogger anxiousdog said...

I actually like this look however - being very anal and a big fan of symmetry, I would suggest, in a very tiny non-threatening way of course, that you consider taking a few items off of the top of the shelves. I think you should leave one item on the top of each. Such as the top block. So on the smaller block maybe just leave the floss there as it is. Then in the big block move the perfume bottle to the top and the other things below.

:)

 
At 5:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it looks great! Our bathroom is laid out the same way as yours is and I'm considering something like that too...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home