Sunday, October 15, 2006

Catch Up

*mm mm good!*

We went to the State Fair last night and it was some serious good times. We went on a scary ride, ate fried things on sticks and other assorted grossness, and played some rigged carnival games. This was the first time I've been to the Fair in a long, long time.

The last time I went, I was about seven or eight. The absolute best memory I have of the experience no one else seems to remember except my dad. They had this little display of chickens and ducks behind glass windows. You put a quarter in the slot next to your window of choice and a little light would come on. Then the animal would do a little trick. We gave a quarter to a chicken that played "Happy Birthday" on a tiny piano and one to a duck that put a tiny basketball through a tiny hoop. It was totally amazing.

Now the fair is all cleaned up and there are no trick-doing fowl. The carnies have matching uniforms. The ground and restrooms are fairly clean. But the food is still deep deep fried.

I didn't get to see any of the Arts and Crafts exhibits because we showed up a bit late and the exhibit halls had closed. I have vowed to purge my stash of olive green yarn. I know, how much can one girl have? This is some Berocco Softtwist I bought in the spring to make a worsted weight Anthropologie caplet, which is what it is in the process of becoming. I actually bought another ball of it so it could be a full length cardi. 2 steps forward, one step back, I guess.
And here is the Razor Cami. It is going to be frogged out of existence because there is nothing about it that is right and I've mentioned before, I don't have enough to finish it, anyway.

So it goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home