Thursday, May 18, 2006

Finished Object - Striped coworker gloves


TaDa! I finished the second one last night. I actually kept track of the amount of time it took to make one glove and it was close to 10 hours, which leads me to the conclusion that I am a very slow knitter. Which I'm ok with, as long as I finish what I start. It's a little hard to tell from the pic but there's about two stripes worth of ribbing at the top and bottom.
I'm going to give them to the girl they're knitted for tomorrow, since it's our last day of work and she's been really bummed.

Specs:
Knit picks self-striping sock yarn
size 3 bamboo needles (nice and broken in now!)
My own pattern

What I leaned:
I am a slow knitter.
Wool dries out my hands
I hate seaming

Good things:
Hopefully they will cheer up the recipient
Cute and I officially love self-striping yarn

Bad things:
A touch on the itchy side
hard to make the edges match.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home