Monday, May 01, 2006

Reality Has a Liberal Bias

Check out Stephen Colbert's monologue at the White House Correspondent's Association dinner.

This is some hard hitting comedy. "It's funny 'cause it's true" has never been, well, truer. I'm literally jaw-dropped, bug-eyed over it. Colbert is my latest hero.
Colbert calls out the president on his handling of the war in Iraq, his "My beliefs are more important than the facts" attitude, and of course, his brush clearing in Crawford, Texas.
Colbert also rips the press corps, Fox news, and a handful of other politicians.

I regularly watch his show, The Colbert Report which is funny, but not nearly as gloves off as his address at the press corps dinner. This guy has a serious pair of cojones. And by that I mean balls. Big balls.

The only reason that I can think of that he wasn't shut down is that it was only broadcast on CSPAN, to a roomful of reporters with bruised egos. No one thought the general public would see it?

And how did he get asked to speak? I'm sure they are so fired.

There will be real knitting and non-political updates later this evening, after my computer is back up and running. This post was posted using magic!

1 Comments:

At 5:00 PM, Blogger Heidi said...

I love, love, love Stephen Colbert. Funnier than the Daily Show, I've got to say.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home