Monday, May 15, 2006

Back, and better than ever!

Hooray! I'm back from my Costa Rican adventure, and boy, do I have some stories to tell!



Fist off, I'm getting married! (as if you can't tell from the giant engagement ring pics. S the significant other is now S the fiancee! On the second night of our trip, we had a big fancy dinner at the big fancy hotel in downtown San Jose. We'd talked about going dancing later that night, so he hadn't brought the ring, not realizing that it was going to be such a perfect place to propose. So the next night, as we're sitting out on the porch drinking wine out of those bathroom glasses they give you at the hotel, watching the lightening and the fireflies in the jungle, he proposed. It was perfect, and very us. No hoopla, no getting down on one knee or hiding it in the flan. I'm so excited...he is everything I have ever hoped for in a husband.

We plan on getting married about a year from now in the church I grew up in. (and we're hoping to have the reception in an art gallery.) He's worried, and probably rightly so, that I'll try to make everything myself and lose my mind and he'll end up married to a woman covered in hot glue burns with yarn bits in her hair muttering and rocking in the corner.

I'm going to knit my garter :)

I also came home to a huge package of Foresty Friend goodness! A needle felted bluebird and more awesome jewelry than you can shake a forest stick at!

I only have a week of work left on the film, so while I probably won't get fired if I'm late, I probably shouldn't test anyone's patience. There will be pics tonight my friends. Crafty ones, and monkeys!

1 Comments:

At 4:56 PM, Blogger Nik said...

i'm happy for you! wow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home