Friday, May 05, 2006

Swap Spoiler!

Well, it really shouldn't be, since FedEx says my partner's package was delivered. The swap was on craftster and the theme was Forest Friends. My partner is a fellow knitter, and wanted clothes or dangly jewlery and she liked turquoise, black, silver and gold. So here is what I sent:
Pretty Stitch Markers! I wanted to do owls, but the most forest-y thing I could find were some dragonflies.


Deer Shirt! This was my first time stenciling, and I'm very pleased with the results. I found a couple of deer pictures online and tweaked them around to my liking. The white flower tiles I used for the background were stenciled using a brass embossing plate I got off the clearance rack a long time ago. Hooray for impulse buys that actually get used! Here's a close up:



I also made her some dangly leaf earrings but I forgot to take a picture becaus I was in a hurry to get it in the mail. I'm leaving for the great country of Costa Rica tommorrow and I'll be gone a whole week! Please don't foget about me, I will return with pictures of monkeys and hopefully a sloth.

1 Comments:

At 9:50 PM, Blogger TheSteph said...

I want some stitch markers! Hooray for craftster! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home