Thursday, February 01, 2007

Motley Thoughts


*The new bathroom has impalas*

Lots of things going on right now...the movers come Saturday morning, along with continued wintery mess. February weather is always the worst. We did have some beautiful snow today, the best kind, all fluffy and floaty, but it melted on contact with the ground. We've had more snow this season than any other I can remember.

I joined SP10 today! I've always wanted to, but have never had the money, the time, or missed sign-ups. But I promised myself that when I got a job I would do the next round. I'm excited to find out who I get to spoil, but I have to wait until March 15th!

Need a new blog to indulge in at 3 pm when the coffee has worn off and you have already had your running away to a foreign country and starting a vegetarian restaurant fantasy? Julie Ree has great style and was a pleasant find today. Her post re-awakened my desire to hunt up a gocco printer, though I expect it would be the kind of toy I play with for weekend and then put it away and forget about it. But aren't her cards gorgeous?




*This is not moldy tofu*

And on the post-modern knitting front, here is an angora covered brick. I found this on Cool Hunting yesterday. It's $100.00. I like surprising juxtapositions, but I've been thinking a lot about this one, and I have to say, it just doesn't do much for me. Maybe I'm just jealous, since I would be happy to sell fuzzy bricks to folks for unseeming amounts of cash. I think I'll take this one organic and start selling hemp covered boulders, you know, like what Christo and Jeanne-Claude would do if they were knitters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home