Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Secret Pal 10 Questionarrie

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I tend to pick up a lot of Berocco, like the Soft Twist and Ultra Alpaca. I would love to try some Noro, bamboo, or hemp, but Knit Picks never disappoints! I don't like 100% acrylic yarn, novelty yarn, or ribbon yarn.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have a needle roll that I made to hold my straights, but nothing for my circulars.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I learned to knit from my sister a few years ago, and have been "seriously" knitting for a year. I would consider myself an intermediate knitter.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
it's all in the "cravings" section of this blog.

5. What's your favorite scent? sandalwood or amber

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Not much of a sweet tooth but I love me some good dark chocolate. Toffee is good too...and chocolate covered toffee? Even better!

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I'm about to start my first container garden. I sew a little and have always wanted to make a quilt. I'm generally crafty with decor, painting, jewelry, etc. I don't spin and I honestly have no desire to learn.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I like indie rock, alt. country, anything unusual that sounds good.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
Ah, favorite colors, so many! But you can't go wrong with a deep teal, just about any shade of green, or strong, warm colors. i don't particularly care for pastels, yellow in general, or peach. Not terribly fond of variegated yarns, either, though I have been pleasantly surprised before.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I am getting married this May and we have two schnauzer-mutt dogs, Izzi and Angel. i also have a beta.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I love scarves, look silly in hats, have no need for mittens and would never wear a poncho

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
At the moment, socks. I also like felting things and really want to make more wearable garments.

13. What are you knitting right now?
a pair of toe-up socks

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Absolutely!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Bamboo all the way! Circulars for everything or dpns for socks.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
I have a winder, but no swift.

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
I don't have any at the moment!

18. What is your favorite holiday?
Honestly not much a fan of holidays, but i like the 4th of July for the fireworks and Halloween for the dressing up.

19. Is there anything that you collect?
Dunnies and Smorkin' Labbits from kidrobot.com
Yarn, of course
Signed books from my favorite authors

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
See the "Cravings" section.
No knitting magazine subscriptions, but I'm partial to Interweave.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Fair Isle, and I'd like to be more confident adjusting patterns to my liking

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yup, and my foot is 9 inches around and 10 inches long

23. When is your birthday?
March 15th

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 10:49 PM, Blogger Newly Knitting said...

Happy, happy birthday week!!!

Hearing from Shelby today, I zoomed over to read your blog. I'm soooooo interested in learning how to knit socks! Your's look great. How long does it take to knit a sock?

As my email says, I am a newbie knitter. Just started this year and loving it!

Watch your mailbox soon for a Secret Pal 10 package!

Much love,

YSP 10

 

Post a Comment

<< Home