Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Such a To-Do to Dye Today


*neat*

I had a rash of completion-itis (Lelah's last 5 inches of stockinette are going slowly) so last night so I tried my hand at kettle dying. This is some Knitpicks sock yarn in bare, dyed with Wilton's in the crock pot.


*the real colors are actually a bit darker*

I was thinking of gifting this to my SP, but there are some undyed spots. One day, I'd like to make the Anastasia socks from Pepperknit . One day, because with the wedding, work, and the long list of "want to" projects, I feel like there are never enough hours in the day to do what I want. I'm not sure what it will take to make me realize that both my plate AND my dance card are full.

Know what's not going to help? Going to a "yarn tasting" tomorrow, where you get to try different yarns, drink wine, and eat cheese. I'm sure I'll be inspired for 1,000 more beautiful creations. If only each creation came with time...

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 11:36 AM, Blogger Newly Knitting said...

The yarn looks beautiful!! My little girl would LOVE the purple color! I am not even close to thinking about dyeing yarn...I'm very impressed!!!

Where are those Lelah pics?

I've never heard of a "yarn tasting" before either....maybe I'll suggest it to our LYS!

I understand about the time crunch. The end of the semester is coming and my university work is CRAZY now! Thanks for posting on your blog so I can hear more about you!

Did you have a terrible storms where you are???

YSP 10

 

Post a Comment

<< Home