Wednesday, February 13, 2008

I Am Not a Great Executioner

In pursuit of stash-busting, I decided to knit and felt a nice little holder for my double point needles. (I'm a hurtin' to make some socks soon.) So I knit away, felted away, and ended up with an object far larger than I anticipated.

So I went back to the drawing board, then knitted, and felted and ended up with an object that was ,uch closer to what I had in mind.

Then I broke out the sewing machine.

I tried a couple of different was of making the pockets and none of them quite worked as expected. (Are we sensing a theme here?) So I went with what seemed the most functional.

I'm really embarrassed about how this came out. It really doesn't resemble what I had in my head at all, which was a classy striped and felted DPN holder that I'd be proud to stash my needles in. I would take an artful photo of it and insinuate how easy all of it is for me, and there would be much rejoicing in Blogland.

I am not that person and probably never will be, but this project is seriously sub-par. I wasn't even going to post about it, but I'm sure we all could use a good laugh.


*keeping it real*


*ugly is the new, um...ugly*

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 4:06 PM, Blogger the Lady said...

oh wow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home