Thursday, March 20, 2008

Monster Turned Kitty Based on Bear

Monster Kitty!
Pattern: Loveable Toys from Last Minute Knitted Gifts
Yarn: Random Fun Fur and Sock weight merino held triple stranded
Needles: Size 8 Knit Picks Options

*Yeah, I'm a greenish blue cat. Wanna make something of it?*

This was originally supposed to be a monster, using a slightly modified version of the bear pattern from Last Minute Knitted Gifts. Along the way, it just decided it wanted to be a blue green kitten with a little bit of attitude on its face.

I found the pattern rather frustrating. Nowhere in the notions section does it mention you need 2 circular needles for the body. I found knitting in the round that way pretty awkward at first. In general, I found the pattern vague, but now that I've done it once, it will be easier (and faster) if I decide to do it again.

*Like a real cat, I'm going to ignore you now*

This was a great little stash-buster and the perfect way to use some fun fur in a way that is not a fashion faux pas.

I've never made a knitted toy before, and this was really fun and quick.
One day, I'd like to make Mr. Dangly . Make use all of my sweet Blue Sky Alpaca? It would be fun to have the most luxurious knitted monkey ever.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home