Thursday, May 15, 2008

Little Purple Sock


I knit this little guy out of some Knit Picks yarn I hand dyed (hand painted? I'm not sure the difference). The little white specks of failure knid of bum me out, but overall, I love the color and the lack of pooling.

Originally, I wanted to knit the My So Called Scarf pattern into socks, but it would have none of it. It's a shame, because I loved that pattern with semi-solid yarns.

I did a little experimenting (ok a lot, and some swearing) to approximate the woven effect of the scarf and I think it came out pretty nicely. This yarn and I have had a long and torrid history so I am happy it's all coming together in the end.

This sock will have to be lonely for an indefinate amount of time because I believe I have possibly torn my rotator cuff (again) and moving it hurts. Also, I've been thinking about quilting a lot. I have space now that there is a dining room table in our bedroom.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 5:03 PM, Blogger elizabeth marley said...

Cute sock! I hope aggressive knitting didn't tear your rotator cuff.

 
At 7:58 PM, Blogger the Lady said...

Pretty sock!

 
At 9:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your purple sock - the stitch pattern looks wonderful with that yarn. Did you need to change needle size or the usual number of stitches in order to make the pattern work?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home