Monday, March 12, 2007

FO ! Spring socks !


*just in time for the time change*

Spring Socks
Colinette Cadenza sock yarn
Size 2 needles
Pattern: my own version of Knitty's Universal Toe-up Sock pattern
Firsts: First pair of socks made with sock weight yarn, smallest needles I've ever used, first toe-up sock.

Likes: I liked working with the small yarn and needles more than expected. I like the lace pattern, even though it doesn't really work with the variegated colors.
These babies are warm, too. I wish I had been able to get them done back when we had sub-freezing temperatures. I like that the are seamless. I have a really big thing with seams in my socks. Short rows aren't nearly as scary as I once thought.


Dislikes: They are a little too big and I don't know how to do a stretchy bind off so they are hard to put on. It also bothers me that one is speckled with color and the other is only splashed. I know that is the risk you run with hand painted yarn, but still.

All in all, I'm pretty pleased with the results. I'm sure they're see some wear next winter.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 12:42 AM, Blogger Bells said...

I like small gauge socks too - even though they take longer. I just think the fabric it creates is nicer.

they look really good!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home