Friday, April 27, 2007

Color Theory Morphs to Quilts

I tried it out with a picture I used to inspire the wedding flowers and here is the resulting palette.




I love the smokey, romantic colors that came out of it. It would be interesting (to me, at least) to do this again with a photos of the actual flowers.


One day, when I have more free time (haha) I want to learn fair isle and I think this would be a great way to start picking colors.


Knitpicks advertises a kaleidoscope in their catalog as a way to get an idea of how already purchased yarn colors might work together. It's a clever idea that I have yet to try out.

Putting all of the colors in the grid also inspired me to make mini quilts in Photoshop. It alleviated my burning desire to try (again) to make a quilt somewhat. Here are a couple of the results:


Maybe I'm the last to know, but have you seen Denyse Schmidt's quilts and fabric? Swoon! They are so modern and bright and beautiful and classic. The more blogs I read, the more I realize how much the quilting bug has gone around and I'm dreaming of a long, free Saturday where I can play with some fabric.
Also, just so you know, I write posts and save them as drafts all the time. I have a bunch more timely things to post, like a Lelah update (for you, dear SP!), the goods from the yarn tasting, and my updated stash (for you, SP hostess!), but teh interweb was down this morning so hopefully I'll get to it this weekend.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 12:47 PM, Blogger Newly Knitting said...

Quilting facinates me! I don't know that I have the patience though....Denyse Schmidt's quilts were beautiful!

Look for a quilting surprise this week! =)

YSP 10

 

Post a Comment

<< Home