Monday, April 30, 2007

Gauge Rage

The good news...

The body of Lelah is done!

The bad news...
It's huge!

Turns out I knit 10 extra inches wide. I was so cranky when I finally bound off and the thing bloomed into giganticness. I swear, I checked the gauge 5 times. I must be terrible at stitch counting, math, and rational thought. There were people on the craftster KAL that made this in like, a week. I might have been able to, too, had I not made it 10 extra inches.

So, any salvaging suggestions? I think I'm just going to sew it up the side where it should end and cut off the extra. Has anyone tried this? Is there a prettier (but reasonably quick) solution?

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 12:34 AM, Blogger Newly Knitting said...

Oooooh, that is such a BUMMER!

Could you gift this first Lelah to a wonderful friend and make another one perfect for you????? It would be such a shame to rip, cut or otherwise maim this lovely piece!!

YSP 10

 

Post a Comment

<< Home